Layla Martin, M.Sc.
Room: Leopoldstr. 145, 202
Tel.: +49 89 289 26772
- Optimization in Car Sharing and Shared Mobility
- Routing and Transportation
- Game Theory
Academic Career and Positions held to date
- since 09/2017: Research assistant at the Department of Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Prof. Dr. Minner) in the "Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy" (adone) Research Training Group, TU Munich (www.adone.gs.tum.de)
- 2015-2017: M.Sc. in Information Systems at TU Munich
- 2016: Erasmus student Computer Science at Reykjavik University (Iceland)
- 2012-2015: B.Sc. in Computer Science at DHBW Stuttgart
- 2014: Exchange student Computer Science at Staffordshire University (UK)
- 2019 Research Excellence Program of the TUM School of Management
- 2019 Best Thesis Award Junior Management Science (for Master Thesis, submitted July 2017)
- 2017 Academic Work Award (Technical University of Munich Department of Informatics and Academic Work) for excellent performance in the Master of Information Systems
- 2016 best.in.tum of the Department of Informatics (TUM)
- 2015, 2016 Deutschlandstipendium
- Master Theses
- Comparison of Different Heuristics for Relocation in Carsharing
- Competitive Location in the Retail Industry: A Case Study for Major German Drug Store Chains
- Bachelor Theses
- Empirical Analysis of Relocation Operations in Car- and Bike-Sharing Systems
- Modelling and Simulation of Carsharing Rebalancing Operations Considering Trip Chaining
- Interdisciplinary Projects
- Heuristics for Relocation in Carsharing
- Development of an interface between a linear program and Java with a commercial solver
- Data Collection (Public Transport Disruptions; joint supervision with the Chair of Automotive Technology)
- Master theses
- Extending Hotelling's Law and the Competitive Facility Location Problem to Rebalancing of Carsharing Systems
- Bachelor theses
- Generating Taxi Demand and Movement Patterns
- Optimal Relocation in Carsharing Systems using Trucks
- Analysis of the Potential of a Predictive Fleet Strategy in the Taxi Industry (joint supervision with the Chair of Automotive Technology)
- Optimal Relocation in Carsharing Systems using Buses for Worker Rebalancing
- Comparison of Different Modes of Shared Transportation
- Modelling of Carsharing Rebalancing Operations for Different Vehicle Types
- A Framework for Integer Programs for Relocation in One-Way Carsharing Systems
- Interdisciplinary Projects
- Data Collection (Vehicle Movements)
- Winter 18/19
- Transportation Analytics
- Summer 18
- Master seminar
- 2019 JUMS Conference, Hamburg, Germany: "Extending Kolkata Paise Restaurant Problem to Dynamic Matching in Mobility Markets"
- 2018 Mobility@TUM Doctoral Workshop, Munich, Germany: "Advanced Optimization for Shared Mobility"
- 2018 European Conference on Operational Research (EURO), Valencia, Spain: "The Competitive Pickup and Delivery Problem for Rebalancing Carsharing Systems" Funded by the Diversity Promotion Fund of the TUM School of Management.
- 2017 Workshop on Information Technology and Systems (WITS2017), Seoul, South Korea: "The Vehicle for Hire Problem: A Generalized Kolkata Paise Restaurant Problem" Funded by the Diversity Promotion Fund of the TUM School of Management.
- 2017 Automotive Workshop, Braunschweig, Germany: "The Vehicle for Hire Problem"